Growth through pain

I miss writing...I miss the flow of expression through writing. I have my head down on the keyboard, poring over every letter and allowing my thoughts and emotions to flow as I type this. I am holding back the urge to think too much about the way I sound in your head. That I've realised could cause one to lose their train of thought.

I have come a long way from the man I was, two years ago. Looking back now, I'm grateful I took this path. The experience has thought me a great deal about a different career path, that's completely different from the usual - radio. I have played a key role in upper management for a little over eight months now, and I have learned a great deal about human behaviour in business (I meant to write "unique human behavioural patterns in that line of play, but I would sound too 'effing' serious like I already do. Anyway...).

Trust is especially important. There's an amount of trust needed to get a partnership to work effectively. There's a need to invest in that level of trust and grow it through complete transparency, and mutual accountability. Yes, it might be fun to play "run a company" for a bit, but the sooner you realise and admit some real truths about responsibility, and genuine care for the business, as though a baby, the better for your success.

Then there's another angle of trust and honesty, that needs to be invested in the business - the investor side. It is good and important to make money from money, but some areas of the business need not be put under that sort of pressure. Those areas like the media need structure, expert personnel, and a full dose of trust to nurture it to eventually turn a profit. But that's a story for another day.

I will share more later. Just grateful for the pain and heartache that come with growth.

Are you walking a new path you enjoy, but struggling through?

p/s: I wrote this on October 28, 2019.


Comments

Popular Posts