Free Investment Advice to help you afford 'Christmas Rice'

I know you decided to read this post, thinking it had some super-ground-breaking-tips on financial investment and all that jazz. But eeeeer, not really. 
It's about my state of mind right now, which is pretty much centered around making more money to take care of personal needs, and many other investments I'm considering dabbling into. 


Needs needs needs…They don't seem to end. The economy is bad enough as it is, and people are having a hard time meeting up with daily expenses. But I don’t want to be caught up with the groveling lot who waste useful and productive time on unproductive arguments and worries.

I have grand plans for December ;-) Which I’m really pumped about. And for that time of the year to be as awesome as I plan it to be, I have to start saving now!

It’s approximately 100 days to Christmas, and I got an idea from a broadcast message on whatsapp yesterday. I don't particularly like broadcasts by the way, but this one caught my attention. 

It simply read:

“Today is exactly 100days to xmas.

1) Get an empty milo tin
2) Put #500 or more daily
3) Open it on xmas day and you will be 50K or more richer.
It will be enough to buy Rice, vegetable oil & chicken. You see, you've been sorted out for the xmas.

FREE INVESTMENT ADVICE. THANK ME LATER”


Yo, I thanked the sender immediately! That's a brilliant idea. So I’m putting away at least one thousand Naira everyday for this cause, hopefully more when I’m more 'boxed up'. Not for rice and other items listed in the message above (my company gives us those at Christmas anyway...except for the chicken), but for my 'christmas groove'. Now I'm slowly but surely getting really excited about this!


Then again, I’m still worried about the increasing financial obligations, considering we just experienced a pay cut, and most of it goes to meeting the endless needs that are too numerous to mention. 

Hopefully, the economy gets better, and I get more compere and voice - over jobs, so boys can smile. And Nigeria can move forward.


So tell me, what are your immediate needs and how do you plan to take care of them without ending up broke in the process?

Comments

  1. Can I borrow another person's not so empty milo tin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea. Will totally go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I cant afford to miss that trip in December, and I am saving with a 'delay in gratification' mentality. So, savings makes me feel like I cnt take care of my daily needs and they dont even seem to end. I have started the cutting cost thingy. Yesterday, Kelechi, my wonderful colleague told me about MMM, she paid in 100k and in 3weeks got 213k. Then I am hearing people talking about how their investments had doubled in 3weeks. Hmmmm...afraid is catching me as I read on their website that you MUST invest spare money only. If I use this my December trip money to try this thingy and I dont get anything like them, I shall cry not only for Africa but for the whole wide world. But, let me think positive, what if the money doubles? I shall rejoice for the whole wide world, but afraid is still catching me sha...Nice piece Val.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts